Monday 18 June 2007

You Broke Her Heart: She Thinks It's a Joke

This stranger says to you
'You broke my heart in two
And she sees you down on your knees
'Now if you don't mind
You're wasting my time
Can I have the other half back please?
You dig in your pocket
And pull out a locket
And break the item in two
'One half for me
And as you can see
The other half is for you
She laughs in disgrace
Throws it back in your face
And says 'You got anything better?
'Oh wait let me see
Oh here! Half a toffee
And from you a crumpled up letter
She tried not to care
But you noticed her glare
At the remnants of paper before her
You scramble to your feet
Notice as your eyes meet
In her eye a tear forms in the corner
'Honey, we're not quite through
The only reason I left you
Was to find the appropriate words
'I wasn't out all night
As you put it, 'all in spite
Or even out with the birds
She sees past you wanting more
Throws your bags out of the door
And asks 'Can you please leave my life?
Honey, I thought you were smart!
On one knee, and with my whole heart
...will you please be my wife?
~xx~
A poem I wrote on the spur of the moment. It's about a man who leaves his wife for a couple of days to have an engagement ring made for her, but she thinks he is cheating on her.
Quite Cute
^-^

No comments: