Monday 11 June 2007

Officially the Funniest Day of My Life

One fine/Short Day, I was just, yknow, taking a stroll into the office - Mum's back office to be precise - dumped my stuff on the chair, took of my jacket and sighed as I awaited my dreaded task --- copywriting. Exactly as it says on the label, except I had strict and difficult instructions to follow:

1) Make sure your eyes line up with the words on the paper
2) Read the text, eliminating the edited-out words and making subsequent changes to the text
3) Do all of the above, but on word, saving as you go along.
4) GOOGLE.

OKok, number 4 is a dirty lie and was not on my non-existent list of instructions, but it happened anyway.

So there I was, typing up a load of really random contract stuff and WOOPS
...
...
...
GOOGLE.




[that's what happened. my fingers couldn't stop themselves]

[...seriously.]

And I consequently stumbled across PAT's blog.

Good Lord. That was a mistake. The 16 pages of copywriting I had to do would've taken me 2 hours [NOT 4 AND A HALF] if I hadn't Googled. Damn the Bad Idea Bears. Yet LOVE them at the same time!!!!

And this was officially THE funniest blog I had ever read in my lifetime. All of PAT's blogs are funny. But this one crossed the line.

I was uncontrolably laughing at something I had already done and was merely looking back upon through somebody's blog. I was alone in this office, crying endless tears and giggling non-stop!

God knows what the people in the front office thought of me... they must have thought I was completely insane. There was no doubt that they heard me.

Then I thought I have to actually prove that I found it frikkin hilarious, so I gave PAT friendly phone call :]

Not that there was much point, I was laughing so much I couldn't get my words out and I was literally banging my head on the desk in laughter.

The bits that absolutely C-R-A-C-K-E-D me up:

Me: Right...Blood brothers...Blood brothers... *opens up internet window to get notes form my email*

PAT: *sitting next to me* WHY DOESN'T SIMON LIPKIN HAVE A WEBSITE????

Me: what???? *GOOGLES!!!!* HE DOESN'T?!?!?!?!

*half an hour searching later*

Me/PAT: Awww, that's a shame.

PAT: Ok, KT, KT, KT...*types a few words*

Me: *has accidentally slipped onto GOOGLE IMAGES* wow Jon's cute. Awww look at them...awww its Simon and Jon...

PAT: *slidy chair sliding across* SIMON????

>> I was wetting myself by this point <<

Me: Blood Brothers...hmmm...Blood Brothers...

PAT: I wonder what his birthday is???? *has accidentally slipped onto Google*

Me: He must have one...*searches* Oooooh...*slips onto Paint mixed with a KT photograph of PAT and I and of course, Google Images*

*half an hour later, we've printed off more photos, including one of us merged into a photo with them*

Us: *giggling*

PAT: Seriously, KT, KT, KT...

Me: *sliding across the room on my chair* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Not to mention THE REST of the blog. Every sentence, i couldn't breathe.

ENJOY!!

http://eponineball.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-06-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&updated-max=2007-07-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=13 <<>

xXx

2 comments:

Glindonine Thenardiland said...

I believe i will have something to do with this...

I look forward to being mentioned. I hope. Hehe

PAT!!!!

Oh my goodness PAT you have to hear my phone say PAT. Remind me on Friday.

Glindonine Thenardiland said...

I'm glad my reminiscings (sure thats no word!!!!) make you laugh!!!!

That was a good day...stressful, sure, and unproductive...but a GOOD day!!!!

Love you!!!! xxxx